Monday, January 15, 2024

Rooted and Grounded in Love, or Cut Off from the Spirit?

"14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." (Ephesians 3:14-19)

I have often written about one of the most pernicious aspects of the AA Cult. Not only does this destructive, deceptive program teach people to "choose their own conception of God," but it also teaches people that this "loving God" can be cut off from us if we feel bad, if we harbor resentment.

This is one of the most devious cults, in that it induces people into this lie of absolute freedom, but in fact grabs, hooks, and pulls people into a long-term cult bound by a bunch of strict rules, put together by a creep with a falsehood Messiah complex: Bill Wilson.

To a degee, I guess, by the grace of God, I am still getting deprogrammed from this awful cult. As I have written many times, I was convinced that I had to watch, and watch out for, every thought and feeling so that I would not be cut off from God. That is the worst kind of torture that you can impose on someone, since our feelings go all over the map all the time!

Our feelings come and go! God's love for us, His favor for us does not!

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

This stumbling block to God's grace in my life has been ebbing away more and more every day. As I have prayed Paul's prayers in Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 3, Daddy God has really come through for me! He has shown me more of Himself, and what His Son has done for me.

For the longest time, I did not feel that I was "rooted and grounded" in His love. I thought I had to do my part in some fashion to ensure that I would not get uprooted or cut off from Daddy God. Today, I realize more and more that I am rooted and grounded in Him, that He has always surrounded me with a shield of His favor (Psalm 5:12). It has taken time to really understand these revelations, but Paul literally got down on his knees praying that all of us in the Body of Christ would understand how broad, great, and wonderful is God's love for us!

No, we cannot be cut off from God's Spirit, even when we sin, fall, or fail. The Blood of Jesus did a perfect work at the Cross, fulfilling the law and instituting the New Covenant of Grace! We are rooted and grounded in His love, and we cannot be uprooted or shaken from this foundation. It's just a matter of believing and resting in this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment