Wednesday, April 5, 2023

When I Failed, I Would Condemn Myself

This mindset of condemnation was rife in my life.

If I failed, I would condemn myself. If things did not work out as I hoped they would, I would condemn myself.

If people harmed me or messed with me, and I did not fight back appropriately (because in many cases I did not know what to do or feared the retaliation), I would condemn myself.

Where did all this condemnation come from?

It started with Alcoholics Anonymous (the main culprit on this blog).

Wow, it is getting harder and harder to dispute the fact: Alcoholics Anonymous is a cult.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but WOW the evidence just keeps mounting. I mean, I have been convinced that AA is a cult for a long time, but this article really solidifies some things.

The whole program teaches people to look at "resentment" in their lives. If someone harmed us, we look at the harm ... then this terrible program tells people to ask themselves "What was your part in it?"

This is really evil.

If someone was abused as a kid, that is NOT the kid's fault! But the AA cult makes you think that bad things happen to you, and for some reason it was your fault, too. "What was your part in it?"

That's outrageous!

All of this comes into play when I consider what happened to someone close to me so many years ago. This person was raped at UCLA during her first year in college. The creep was arrested, convicted, and sentenced.

However, it sure sounds as though that person never really got over it, and she lived her whole life making sure that no one ever harmed her again.

I have a feeling that this person never got over the harm done to other -- and then she started drinking over that shame and abuse.

Then she gets into AA, and now she has this bigger lie hanging over her head: "It was your fault that you got raped!"

Of course, she needed to learn to be wise not to let some guy go into her dorm. But a lack of wisdom is NEVER an excuse for someone to harm us! NEVER!

We should never condemn ourselves when bad things happen to us, even if we didn't exercise proper discretion or wisdom in a situation.

This revelation really shines the light on so many things.

About ten years ago, when I was in deeper condemnation, someone pointed out to me that I had a strong, heavy habit of blaming myself when things would not work out well. If it started raining, and I didn't bring my umbrella with me that day, I would be hard on myself, whereas most people would just go "Oops, I forgot to bring my umbrella."

This terrible cult induces people into a trap of relentless, never-ending condemnation. If you suffered trauma, abuse, or harm, this terrible cult tells you that it is YOUR fault, too. That is a total lie. No one can ever be set free from harm and wrong-doing in their lives if they take the blame for everyone else.

If you were abused as a kid, it is not your fault.

If your spouse used or abused you, it is not your fault.

If your parents walked out on you, it is not your fault.

If we do things wrong, then we do need to be held accountable for that. But the notion that people have a right to wrong us for any reason, that is unfounded and unconscionable.

I feel so set free as I write this information, this revelation out for the world. We need to stop telling people from condemning themselves every time they fail. We need to stop teaching people that bad things happened to them, and it was their fault fully or even partially.

It's time to stop laying fault on people when they fail, when they lack wisdom, when they lack discretion, when they make a mistake that puts them in a bad place. No one has a right to do wrong to us.

And for that reason, we have every right to reject the many wrongs of the cult of Alcoholics Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment