Thursday, March 5, 2020

Rest, Don't Try To Do Anything About How You Feel

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6)

I have been growing more and more in my Christian walk, and I have learned so much about what "walk" means in God's Word.

I will expound on the deeper revelation of "walk" presently.

For now, I want to talk about this incredible revelation which has come upon me.

For the longest time, I would have bad feelings, bad thoughts, and I was constantly tied up in them, convinced that I had to do something about these bad thoughts, these bad feelings.

I started having these bad feelings all over again about a bad incident in my life. It was a painful moment, and the feelings would just overwhelm me. Every time these resentful sentiments would overcome me, I would be asking God: "What do you need me to do. What am I not doing?"

It was then, this very evening, that it occured to me completely:

"You don't do anything. Since when do you have to react to a feeling or a sentiment?"

I cannot believe that this had been happening to me all this time. I kept thinking that every time some fire would erupt in my mind, I had to do something about it. For years, I believed that those bad feelings and bad thoughts would somehow stop God's flow, God's Spirit from flowing in my life.

That's not true at all! Grace flows and flows not because I do anything or deserve anything, but God's grace flows because of what His Son Jesus did at the Cross, and what He is doing even now!

God has been flowing, at work in and around me. The only thing that the devil has had on me is to tell me that I still need to "do" or "maintain" something so that He will be able to flow in and through me.

Not so! He is my life, and His life does not depend on me, but on Himself, for He is our Life (John 14:6; Colossians 3:4)

Does Paul not write:



"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment