Saturday, August 29, 2015

We Work Too Hard in our Minds

Jesus is alive, and He lives in us, for those who believe on Him.

He is our life, and therefore we can stop working so hard to bring Him into our lives.

I love also what one pastor, Joseph Prince of Singapore, taught me.

"Worry is working in your mind."

How true that is.

Why was I working so hard in my mind?

Because I had believed that the life that I needed to live, was inside of my head.

I was not aware of the living, loving Savior taking care of every minute of my day.

Too many of my prayers were focused on bringing Him into my life,

He is already my life.

What happens, then, for those of us who do not have a revelation of Christ as our Life, will start working hard to fill in those "gaps" on our own.

I have a new appreciation and  deeper understanding for this verse:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Galatians 2: 20-21)

Jesus' Life does not come and go in our lives.

We do not have to struggle or to strain to ensure that He is with us forever.

He made the promise early on that He would come to us and stay with us forever:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" (John 14:16)

and then

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14: 18)

Jesus has come to all of us through His Holy Spirit.

We also have these comforts and assurances:

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

6So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Like many people, especially in the Body of Christ, I was frustrating the grace of God. I was trying so hard to figure everything out. If I felt bad or thought wrong, I was convinced that God would end up miles away, and I would be all alone.

I had misconstrued a number of passages in the Bible, not led by His Spirit  but by my own faulty reasoning.

I still did not see Him large enough. I was trying instead to figure everything out in my mind, through my head. I was working too hard in my mind.

There is no need for that. We already have the mind of Christ, and there is therefore no reason for us to strain through fear and trembling, weariness and worry, to figure out the truth, to understand what His will and his plans are for our lives, for in fact it is His life anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment