Saturday, August 22, 2015

I Was Praying All Wrong

This new revelation grants me so much peace.

I was praying wrong! I was praying all wrong.

When I was going home to school every day, I would  pray that God would be with me.

Of course He was going to be with me! I did not have to ask Him to be there.

He was already there. He is already in the midst of whatever you are going through.

He will be there for you and me no matter what may happen.

Where did I get this idea from that He would not be there for me?

You guessed it -- it was all about what the AA cult had taught me, especially that pernicious lie that every time I felt bad or had "wrong" feelings, that I would be cutting myself off from the sunlight of the Spirit.

So, what ends up happening to someone who thinks that God and His Spirit can come and go in their lives?

They will end up praying for things that He has already richly provided through His Son.

Therefore, a person misled by such errors will pray the wrong prayers.

"Please help me, Lord!" Guess what, He is already helping you!

"Please lead me, Lord!" He is already leading you.

What we need is to see  more of how gracious He is. We need to see more of Him. Not in our minds but in the Word, and thus a full recognition of all that He is doing for us -- that He is already doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment