Friday, January 6, 2023

No Need for Extra Self-Talk


I keep wanting to share, I keep wanting to explain how deep the revelation has become for me.

Wow, Paul was not kidding when he mad this prayer clear to everyone:

"17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints," (Ephesians 1:17-18)

We need to pray this prayer every day, since Paul got down on his knees to make this prayer for the Ephesian Christians--and they were already the most spiritual mature of the many churches he ministered to!

I have seen more and more how much I was distracted by thoughts and feelings. I kept thinking that I had to correct or get rid of bad feelings, and then I would wrestle with "What if?" and "What about?" thoughts when I would struggle.

I was so convinced that I had to do something to get God working in my life.

Yet that is the very "works" mentality which works against faith!

Yes, such madness was all too commonplace for me. The way I understood God was someone faraway, imperious. Never did anyone show me that God is my DADDY!

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)

For the longest time, I really believed that I had to get the ball rolling in life. I thought that my life was in my head, and that I had to think everything through in order to do anything.

All that self-talk, all that constant self-awareness can really harm your mind, take away your peace.

For some reason, I was taught that I had to be on the lookout for myself. Never once did anyone explain to me, until Pastor Prince and Pastor Bob George, that Daddy God is watching out for me!

And we need to keep hearing and hearing the Word of Christ (Romans 10:17), to get the revelation of His love for us. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment