Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Really Disappointed with My Father, With Celebrate Recovery

 I have written about this traumatic time in a life before, and it bears writing about again.

I suffered incredible bouts of guilt in 2009, so much so that I could barely function some days. My mind was crowded about with such negative, terrible thoughts. I felt so guilty for the nasty feelings that I had entertained.

Then this sense of guilt would just never go away. I had this terrible feeling that the police would come to my door any minute and arrest me. I could not shake this sense of shame for a long time.

Now, looking back more than ten years later, I realized that I had shared these profound feelings of guilt for so long, and the people I spoke with, all men who claimed to be Christians, never told me the simple, unrelenting answer:

Through Christ Jesus you are justified from all your sins!

Jesus has paid for all your sins!

Jesus took your guilt! He paid the price!

Most of the people I knew, from my father to the men whom I used to meet with in Celebrate Recovery, never really believed this release.

They did not believe that all their sins were forgiven.

They did not believe that Jesus had done a perfect work at the Cross.

The never once, never ONCE, pointed me to the Finished Work of the Cross.

It's just outrageous and unbelievable.

I so regret this lack of wisdom, this lack of understanding. I am so sad for them, too, because they did not see Jesus as a living Savior caring for them and setting them free. They were walking by sight and not by faith.

No wonder I faced so many struggles in my life, and no wonder there was so much struggle.

Thanks be to God that I have heard the true Gospel of Grace from Pastor Joseph Prince. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment