Saturday, February 22, 2020

How Impatient I Was

Yesterday, I faced two trying challenges.

I had to get my car smog-checked, and it had failed one time before. It ended up failing a second time after making a key repair.

I was livid. I lost my patience, I was so mad. I could sense God speaking within me "Are you doing well to be angry?" just like what He had said to Jonah.

Yes, and He said the same words to me.

I was worried, because I didn't now if I had the money. When I calculated what my tax bill was going to be, it looked as though I was not going to have enough money to pay the tax bill. I could not believe how large my tax bill was going to be.

I faced so many of these frustrating challenges in one day. I was really upset.

I felt bad that I felt bad, too.

Then I spoke with a good Christian brother of mine in another country. I shared with him that I have lived my life for a long time, wanting to take care of every demand, every problem, every task in a hurry.

Yesterday was a day that I could not do that.

I realized how impatient I was.

Then I remembered this passage in Romans:

"3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Romans 5:3-5)

For the longest time, I had believed that as I grew in grace and knowledge of the Lord, it would mean that there would be no more hardships. Now I am recognizing that these hardships are working to my advantage. I shouldn't fear or dread them, but have the same attitude which Paul shared with the Corinthians:

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment