Wednesday, January 1, 2020

He Cares for Me

"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)

My parents did not believe that God cares for all of us actively.

They simply did not believe this.

They did not know the love of the Father.

They did not know that Christ Jesus is our Savior, our Shepherd, that He is watching out for us, and that He is moving in and around in our lives.

It has become more and more apparent to me that that is why my father worries about me, and why my mother was so full of cares.

They did not believe that You are caring for me in every way. They saw a big, wide world, and they saw themselves as brought down under the circumstances.

They felt abandoned. They did not know that they were "cared for" by a loving Father, a loving Savior.

This is quite a profound revelation for me, and it helps me to understand why my father worried about me so much. He refused to let go, and he even broke the law to keep tabs on me. All of that is wrong.

God is really big enough! He cares for me. I wish that my father and mother believed that God cared for them, too.

This is a really new, really different, even somewhat challenging revelation for me. All of my life, I kept thinking that I had to put out the fires in my mind. For the longest time, I had believed that I had to take care of all the challenges, all the difficulties in my life.

I did not see You big enough, Lord Jesus. I did not see You as someone who not only can take my cares, but cares enough for me to keep casting them to you.

This has taken me so long, but I am so glad for all the troubles that I had faced. They got me to the place in which I cast all my cares on you. I have no fears, no worries, no cares. I see you as ever present, not going away, never getting overwhelmed or burdened by my cares.

You care for me, Lord Jesus. Thank you! YOU CARE FOR ME!

I used to worry about how I would feel, or what I might struggle with in the future. I used to worry about what I would do if I was pushed to feel a certain way, or I was tempted in some fashion.

Today, I understand the fullness of the rest which the writer of Hebrews talks about:

(Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4:11)

A friend of mine shared with me earlier today that I have indeed entered into His rest. I see you taking care of everything for me, Lord Jesus. This is really incredible, and I am so happy. Thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment