Sunday, December 8, 2019

You Have Taught Me What To Do With Fear

Over the last week, I have dealt with an interesting set of new challenges.

I find that many people were running to me with a number of fears, a number of concerns, and they were coming at me in repeated fashion.

People were sharing their upsets, their concerns at great length, and I found so much of it simply tiresome.

There have been currents of winds and rains against me.

I see why faith is so important, in that we look at Jesus, not ourselves, not our circumstances.

I have been through some interesting trials in the last few days, but it's OK.

I know that Jesus, my Redeemer, lives and makes intercession for me.

When I felt upset or worried, I used to run to someone else.

Today, I recognize that I can simply put my trust in You.

Jesus is there! He is not "somewhere else" at all!

He promised it!

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

And what does Peter advise to fellow believers?

"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)

For the longest time, I would "just cast my care" by saying something,

Today, I recognize that Jesus is ever present. I recognize that my loving Father. It's easy to cast my cares on you!

When I am worried, the answer is not to allay other people's fears. It's not OK for me to cast my cares on someone else. It's all about casting my cares on you!

Just go to you! Just go to the LORD! When I struggle with fears, the answer is to keep looking at Jesus!

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment