Sunday, December 8, 2019

Resting More In His Never-Ending Favor and Presence

This revelation is so powerful, much like understanding how God my loving Father still loves me, no matter what I am feeling or thinking.

For the longest time, I used to believe that God's presence depended on me in some way.

I used to think that God's love for me, as a strong, present affirmation, depended on what I was thinking, what I was feeling.

I never recognized Him as the acting, loving Father that He is.

Many people in the Body of Christ have declared that such sentiments are dangerous.

"If you tell people that they have the unconditional love of the Father, then they will go out and live like sin!"

I can attest in my own life that because I understood how deep, rich, passionate, and feeling God's love is in my life, so many sinful behaviors and bad thoughts have fallen away.

Paul writes to the Romans:

"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" (Romans 2:4)

Paul's letter announces the fullness of what the Grace of God does for us!

"11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:11-14)

Grace brings salvation.

Grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and the lusts of the flesh, the eye, and the pride of life.

Grace teaches us to live righteously in this world!

Grace causes us to look for God's blessed hope and the reappearing of Christ Jesus!

Jesus does not go away. In fact, He has been on the job from the very beginning. He was always there for me, even if I did not understand, even if my faith was weak since I did not understand God's Word enough, nor had I learned to rightly divide the Word of Truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

The summary of this revelation:

It is not my job to make God present to me in my life. He has made it His job to serve me:

"For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)

Thank you, Jesus, for your love! Thank you, Father God, for Your Son and sending Him to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment