Sunday, July 14, 2019

A New Warmth Overtakes My Heart

I have been working at the Cal-Trans yard as part of the unjust -- yet ultimately made righteous -- consequences of the miscarriage of justice I endured in Downey Court House.

At first, I dragged my feet. How can this be happening?

This is not fair! I did not break the law. I had every right to sit in the city council chambers. They had no right to remove me, and I did nothing wrong.

At any rate, I have given up on trying to get back what was taken from me.

Instead, I am trusting my loving Father for restoration!

"For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them." (Isaiah 61:7)

Double for my trouble, and everlasting joy to boot!

In fact, that is happening in growing measure.

I read the passages about Joseph and his unjust incarceration following the false accusation of Potiphar's wife. God set Joseph up for greater glory!

Not only that, but God placed Joseph in the right place at the right time not only for his honor, but to save the entire world!

Once Joseph revealed himself to his brothers, he comforted them with this truth:

"5Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. 6For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor harvest. 7And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. 8So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt." (Genesis 45:5-8)

This is a promise, that God is already using what I am going through for His greater good,

Something wonderful has come out of this in greater measure.

I love working with the young men and women on the different crews throughout the different days, I see some of these young men as sons, or as good friends. They are really kind, and they go out of their way to get the work done in different places.

They are easy to talk to, to be friends with. My heart just warms up when I am around them. I really like them.

This sense of warmth in my heart has become more pervasive, everpresent. I am learning more and more about God's love for me, too.

I just can't get away from Him, from His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment