Saturday, December 24, 2016

No Longer Guided by Condemnation

We are not set free through Don't, Don't, Don't.

There may be an appearance of holiness, but it is skin deep, if at all.

We need not behavior modification, but a heart transformation!

That is how Jesus sets us free!

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

When you are dead, you are going to do dead things.

We  need righteousness, and through Jesus, this righteousness gives us life, and causes us to live in line with His peace and joy:

"In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death." (Proverbs 12:28)

and also

"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17)

And

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3:4)

We are not guided by fears and threats.



We are not guided by rules and regulations.

He is our ruler, and He lives in us.

Jesus causes us to walk in His ways!

"And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:27)

This promise is fulfilled in Christ Jesus:

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.


12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8:10-12)

He writes His directives on our hearts and minds, because we believe fully and forever that our sins are covered, cleansed put away FOREVER!

Today, you and I are no longer guided by outside dictates, but by His inward life!

No comments:

Post a Comment