Saturday, December 24, 2016

I Lived Under Competing Rules -- Now Under a Completed Savior!

I look back on many of the problems, hurts, setbacks, and pains that I had endured.

People would harrass or hurt me, and yet I was so afraid to saying anything or to stand up and say "Stop!"

I did not like what they were doing, but then two fears would flood into my mind:

"What if I get in trouble for speaking my mind?"

and

"What if I am wrong?"

These two premonitions are based on condemnation.

We so fear failure. We are so afraid of doing something wrong not because it is wrong even, but rather because we fear the reproach of men.

I never realized how fully free I was from the law.



No longer are we to be led by outer constraints.

We are now constrained by the Love of Christ.

His love is a perfect love, one which casts out all fear!

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

This passage makes perfect sense to me now--at least much more than it did before!

We are not set free from sin to live in fear of sinning.

We are set free from sin to allow His life to live in and through us unimpeded!

I still fretted constantly about what God would do or not do if I did something wrong.

Now I understand more deeply that I am free, because I am free to fail.

I am free from sin, because I am free to sin without condemnation

The freedom comes about because there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)

Now there are no longer competing rules and standards.

There is one standard: Jesus!

Jesus has fulfilled the law for me and for all!

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." (Romans 10:4)

Jesus is our life, and He has made all things for us!

"And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:" (Colossians 2:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment