Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I Have Wanted To Write This For So Long

I hate Alcoholics Anonymous.

I hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

This evil program teaches people that they have to add something more to the perfect work of Jesus Christ.

I cannot begin to tell you the pain and suffering which I had gone through in my head, and in my life.

For years, I was taught that I had to think and feel certain ways in order to be OK with God.

What is this nonsense?

It is not our job to think about Him!

Our Daddy God is thinking about us!

It is not my job to bring Him into my life.

He is my life, and all I have to do is believe on Him.

Yet why have so many people struggled with this wonderful grace of God?

Because in our flesh is sin, this idea that I can do all things on my own. That there is still something more that I can bring to the party.

Where have we gotten these pernicious and salacious ideas from?

If we mix law and grace, calling it "balance", we end up throwing the goodness of God our of our lives and throwing our walk off balance.

It cannot work, where we think that we can have  a part in "our lives", when in fact Jesus is our life.

Don't believe me? Check out Colossians:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ,who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

He is our life. This is not true because I believe it.

I believe it because it is true.

What grace! What wonderful. What a gracious and wonderful Savior we have in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment