Saturday, October 31, 2015

You Can Stop Trying to Stop the Hurting

Alcoholics Anonymous breeds shame in people.

They feel that God is far away, not talking or moving in them, if they feel bad.

All of this pressure falls on the member of the cult, because he is taught to hold onto this hypervigilance at all costs, or he will drink again and die.

The cult teaches people that they are insane, that they need constant help, that they have to work at staying in "emotional balance", even though they live in a world filled with challenges and hardships.

Every day, I would feel this chronic pressure to fix my feelings, to fix what I was thinking and feeling.

I had been taught, on account of this wicked cult, that faith had everything to do with what we are thinking and feeling.

So, the result is a painful monomania, looking into oneself, constantly obsessed with one's feeling, and then a sense of shame every time that a bad feeling pops up.

I never understood why I was so easily set off, until I recognized how destructive Alcoholic Anonymous really is, and all the Twelve Step programs which follow from it.

I hate this cult, and I will do everything I can to inform the world that there is a better Way -- He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

So much has changed, and so much indeed has changed for the better.

I am no longer responsible for trying to keep Jesus alive and well in my life.

He is my life, and He richly provides everything.

I can stop trying to stop the hurting. The hurting, the feelings, have nothing to do with the blessings of God in my life.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." (Ephesians 1: 3-6)

Grace and blessings are not something that we have to feel or fight for, They are wonderful gifts which we keep on receiving through Christ Jesus! (Romans 5: 17)

The big problem for me for so long was that I kept trying to stop the bad thoughts and feelings, as though they were impediments to faith and trust. They have nothing to do with any of that!


Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment