Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Fire Inside Goes Out

This release has been the hardest, but the one most worth receiving.

For so long, many of us try to put out the upsets in our minds.

There is the premonitions of wrongdoing, the backlash that things could go wrong, as well.

For the longest time, I felt responsible for quelling any, all upset within my mind.

For that reason, I often was shouting or speaking my mind on any issue.

For the past three months, I have heard people tell me: "You tend to say whatever you want to."

The other phrase I liked, which was a compliment, came from my boss:

"You have no filter. You just say whatever you want to. Some people really, really like you for that, and some people do not like you at all."

Such is the case for all of us who just want to speak our minds.

The truth is, there is no reason for any of us to utter minds - at all.

"A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness." (Proverbs 12: 23)

and

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." (Proverbs 17: 28)

and also

"A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards." (Proverbs 29: 11)

Why was I talking so much? Why was I saying so much?

There was unrest within my mind.

I was trying to create through my thinking, through my feeling, who God is.

Such is the fallout of believing in your own conception of God.

God conceived of us, by the way:

"5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1: 5)
 
and then
 
"15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus." (Galatians 1: 15-17)
 
So, for the longest time, I was convinced that I had to do something about this fire inside of my head, that I had to drive away the upset in my mind.
 
I have since realized that my Jesus, My Daddy God, is taking care of all things, and none of it has to do with whatever I am or am not thinking.
 
For too long, I was so focused on dealing with what I was feeling and thinking. I needed to have answers which would appease a "fiery mind".
 
Today, I know that is not the case. Our minds rest in Him, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment