Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Not a Doctor, but the Divine Physician

We live in a world where everyone wants to run to the doctor every time they have a health problem.

A few days ago, I had another bout of stomach flu, and it was terrible.

Two people told me right away -- you should see a doctor.

What was the doctor going to do? Make me feel better for five minutes?

I knew what was the problem: food poisoning, preceded by dehydration.

I had not drunk enough water!

Hard to imagine, but for the two days prior, I had drunk nothing but soda.

Yikes!

The solution to a lot of these issues is a change of habit.

Most people do not want to do that.

Whatever they are lacking in their lives, they would rather spend time, money, and energy, rather than growing in grace.

The answer is the truth which sets us all free.

The answer is not comfort measures which make us feel good in the short term, but do not deal with the long-terms which we have trusted in for the longest time.

I remember another wise quip from a dermatologist:

"My patients were weeping through their skin."

The biggest issue for many people is the lies, the frauds, the dishonesty.

If we were told lies and deceit at one time, and still live in accordance with these frauds, then we have nothing more to do then unseat these lies in our lives.

The next question for me, then: why have I insisted on spending time and money in empty pursuits?

One answer I can give right now: I was more interested in feeling better. I just wanted to feel better.

Yes, there it is.

Today, there is a new revelation. No matter how I may feel, I know that I am righteous. It has nothing to do with my feelings. It has everything to do with God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment