Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What I Have Learned About the New Covenant

I wanted to share something that I had just learned in the past few days.

I know what has been a problem for me in the last few days.

As long as I choose not to forgive anyone in my life, even my parents, to that extent I will frustrate God's grace in my life.

It is reprehensible for anyone to tell anyone else that they have to "forgive", let go of what other people have done to us.

We have to have a sense that the wrongs have been paid for, the wrongs which we have endured.

For me, I am seeing how Jesus has paid for everything. Everything in my life. 

Not only that, but I realize that as I face indecision in my life, I would start getting frustrated, then I would get angry all over again with Pam and Sandy, slamming them for not raising me right.

I do not want to wait any longer for my life to grow. I do not want to keep blaming my parents because they did not do their job. Jesus Christ offers so much more to me and to every person who will allow Him to "rest" them (Matthew 11: 28).

He lives in me, and that is so cool.
He is the life that we were looking for. We were not taught this wonderful truth. Instead, we were leveled with rules and regulations and rigidity.

Every time that I would get angry, or get upset, or get frustrated with the past or the perversions of other people, I would get scared, because then I feared that my "feelings" had cut me off from God, or that I had lost touch with what I am supposed to be doing.

Yet who I am in Christ has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with Him:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

Why does He remember our sins no more? Because they were punished in the Body of His Son Jesus:

"13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." (Colossians 2: 13-15)

To this day, at this very moment, Jesus serves as your High Priest (Hebrewas 6: 20), and He also serves as our mercy seat (1 John 2: 2), in which He forever wipes away our sin (1 John 1: 7, the blood cleanseth)

No comments:

Post a Comment