Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Confess Who You are in Christ (Not in AA) -- More

So, belief is tied up inextricably with what we say. What we believe will shape what we say, and what we say shapes what we think in our minds.

Now let us turn to the program of AA.

What do the members confess every day, every week, all the time in the meetings?:

"My name is . . . and I am an alcoholic."

Indeed, "I am" is a powerful statement, a label which in turn defines everything else about us.

For years, off and on, I would sit in meetings and confess "I am an alcoholic" or I would listen to someone else tell me "You are an alcoholic", and all the attending attributes would be attached to me.

If saying "I am an alcoholic" can have such effects on people, that they adopt all the lies and distortions foisted on them in the meetings, how much better will it be when every person who calls on the name of the Lord continues to claim and confess who they are by calling out His Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment