Thursday, November 14, 2019

Seeing Him Taking Care of Me, Taking Care of Everything

"Then said she, Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day."(Ruth 3:18)

For too long a time, I saw God as a made-up character, a person, an idea.

I would talk to God, but I never expected Him to talk back to me.

Today, I recognize how real He is, how active He is.

How very much He is on the job.

This is so cool, so real, so simple, and yet for so long, it was so elusive.

I used to think that His presence or absence all depended on how I was feeling or what I was thinking.

This is so crazy, and it was such a stronghold for me. I could not imagine my way out of my problems, and yet that is precisely how I treated my loving Father, His Loving Son, and the loving Holy Spirit.

Father, your presence in my life never depended on me.

It was always about Your love for me.

This presence has turned into a greater knowledge of how active, how real, how effective you are!

For a long time, I would get angry. I was convinced that I was on my own in this world, and that it was up to me to fight for whatever I needed to fight for.

I was in such bondage. Yet God is separate, not living in my head.

Wow! I cannot believe how simple it is to write this. And yet for the longest time, I often wondered, worried, fretted that God may or may not be on my side.

I thank God for Pastor Joseph Prince and his ministry. It truly is all about seeing Jesus, knowing that He is alive, active, invested, working hard in us and through us and all around us.

Thank you for your patience with me, my Loving Father. I had so much that I had to learn, and you stayed with me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment