Monday, May 27, 2019

I Cannot Be Separated From Him

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

This revelation means everything to me.

For the longest time, I believed that I had to get rid of negative feelings, diffuse angry emotions, put aside hatred and upset.

It was very difficult to let things go, to let offenses go, because I believed that those feelings would linger, and then those sentiments would cloud my capacity to take care of life on life's terms.

I write this post in Errors of Alcoholics Anonymous because it was the many errors of AA which had pressed this terrible sentiment on me.

I had to confess to another person, work a "Tenth Step", if you will, when I got angry, as though it was my fault when someone else had harmed me. It's unreal the burdens which AA places on others.

To this day, it's really quite something. I cannot believe the emotion and mental torture that I endured because of this terrible cult. There is nothing wrong with being angry, nothing at all. There is nothing wrong with sharing our rage, our upset with God. He can handle it.

One of the biggest changes that had to follow was that God is actively awake and aware of all that I am going through and all that I am doing. It's amazing how little we know about our loving Father, and how little we understand that He is working both behind the scenes as well as through us and within us.

These ongoing revelations have helped me a great deal. I am so glad that I am seeing more and more of my loving Daddy God. There was so much that I had to learn, to see about Him.

Now that I know that He is not mad at me, that He will never be mad at me again, I can rest assured in His grace and I can come to Him in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment