Friday, July 6, 2018

Another Reason Why God Has Permitted Delay in My Life

I am an impatient person.

I want all my problems solved, and I want them solved right away.

I don't like facing deadlines and troubles in front of me. I don't want hardships overwhelming me. I don't like that there are clearcut problems in my way.

I also notice that I got angry about stuff a lot. I tended to recycle upsets, resentments, and hurts on a frequent basis.

There were lots of issues, lots of pains and problems which I had confronted.

Today, though, as I look more at Jesus, the Author and Finisher of faith, I see how much He wants us to prosper completely, inside and outside.

We need to rest in Him.

I wasn't totally prosperous inside. I wanted my life to have all the problems resolved and resolved right away.

I have learned to see Jesus much more, much larger in my path than I had before.

I don't look at yesterday. I don't fear for the morrow. 

Jesus has embraced everything, because He holds everything together.

For the longest time, I kept saying "Jesus, show me more of yourself."

I needed to read and heed God's Word on a greater level in order to do that.

The subject of Jesus as my High Priest forever has commanded a great deal of respect and honor for me.

It is great to know that He is watching out for me, that He is watching out for and cares for all of us, for all of what we are facing in this life.

This morning, I realized also that I didn't pray for other people. I have often been consumed in my own life, in my own troubles, in my own interests.

That is not God's best for us, either.

"And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before." (John 42:10)

God restored so much more to Job than he had lost.

Also, Abraham received the promise after he prayed for Abimelech's household.

Here's the final section of Genesis 20:

"16And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved. 17So Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children. 18For the LORD had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah Abraham's wife." (Genesis 20:16-18)

Wow!

Then see what happened in the next chapter:

"1And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 2For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him." (Genesis 21:1-2)

Abraham prayed for Abimelech and his entire househeld, that the women could conceive and bear children. How strange is that? God had promised Abraham and Sarah child, and yet they had remained barren for years.

Their lack did not mean that they could not pray for others to receive a blessing.

Then God blessed Abraham and Sarah in turn.

I imagine that the same blessing is coming my way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment