Saturday, September 5, 2015

He is Responsible for Us, not Vice Versa

Jesus is alive.

He is our life.

He is not a figment of the imagination.

We are not responsible for keeping Him alive and aware in our lives.

He is our life, and is responsible for us.

“But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?” (Galatians 4: 9)

Notice that Paul deliberately corrects himself, and so too more of us need to correct ourselves.

It is not about how much we know God. We need to realize that He knows us!

In this life, in our walk with God, we are not connecting with someone who may or may not know us. We are connecting with someone who knows everything about us, including everything that we are going through:

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4: 15)

And thus:

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4: 16)

This revelation still tickles me, and gives me much room for pause.


My Savior, my high priest forever, knows what I am going through, and wants me to come to Him whenever I have a need.

He is responsible for us, not vice versa.

This is taking some getting used to for me. What about for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment