Sunday, October 6, 2013

Writing to EXP AA Website, and Response

From: Arthur Christopher Schaper <arthurschaper@hotmail.com>
To: "admin@expaa.org" <admin@expaa.org>
Subject: Great Blog/Website
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 13:03:21 -0700

To the administrators of Expose AA:
 
My name is Arthur Christopher Schaper, resident of Torrance, CA.
 
I was raised in AA, forced to go when I was struggling in early adulthood (ultimately, because of this crappy program)
 
My mother was a "stepper-Mom", and she took her inventory to her grave -- literally.
 
The last time I spoke with her, she told me that she had to take her inventory. . .again.
 
I said No! and hung up on her. She died four months later, of a slow suicide. I am not sure completely of what. . .
 
The story is too much to tell right now, of the abuse which I had endured as a kid, and the frustrations which have been lifted away from me since then as an adult.
 
Please visit and share
 
errorsofaa.blogspot.com
 
I loved the New Twelve Steps which you created.
 
http://www.expaa.org/thenewtwelvesteps.htm
 
Hilarious!
 
I would love to post it on my blog, but you tell me if it's OK or not
 
Please keep in touch.
 

Thanks! 

------------

Hi Arthur.


Nice to meet you.  We would be overjoyed if you were to post your experience on the Expose AA website, and do not hesitate to promote your site.

We need more people like you to tell their story, and I am saddened about your Mom.

We are glad you liked the New 12 Steps.

I too grew up in southern California, graduated from Cal State San Bernardino, lived in Redlands and worked in Azusa. 

In 1993 (after Rodney King), the missus & I decided SoCal was too crazy so we moved to Kansas City.

I happen to know an anti-AA activist that lives in Santa Monica.  Perhaps you two could get together.  She has a blogtalk radio program.  You can find a link to the program on our main page.

Thanks for the email and we look forward to hearing from you.


LFOD


No comments:

Post a Comment